Thursday 6 March 2008

Hidden Mobile Phones

I was in an awkward situation today. There I am standing on a crowded bus, and this large, middle-aged bloke suddenly yelled into my face if I wanted to "ave a beer this even'n".

I responded that I had a prior engagement, politely turning him down, only for him to give me a threatening look. He followed this up with an, even louder, "Are you bein' funny?!"

It was at this stage that I realised he was yelling into one of those headsets that people use, connected to their modile phones, and then sureptitiously tucked into their collars. It appears that he was not adressing me. I was, of course relived, and slightly embarassed. This embarassment was made worse by the fact that I was stuck less than a foot away from him for the next half hour.

No comments: