Monday 28 September 2009

My Day

Good thing about this week is I get to wake up slowly. I had time to watch an episode of House with my cheerios, and there was no huge hurry to have my shower. Then I tidied up the publicity posters, an' stuff, for History Society; we want a big push to get freshers in for the Prague Trip in January. After this I realised I was hungry again, and that it was lunchtime. I went downstairs and was goin' to do myself some sausages, when I realised I don't know how to work our gas oven!

See, tho' I have been here in my new house for a week now, I have not had to cook any meals in my own gas oven. Friends' house has an oven, and I would more often cook and eat over there. They also have a gas oven, but they have a button that clicks an' makes a spark (I assume) which lights the gas. Our gas rings are lit by one of those lighters with a long neck, an' I figured the oven was lit in the same way, by putting the lighter-flame to the gas at the back... but then I decided I couldn't be bothered with sausages and so had a sandwich instead.

I had bought an unsliced half-loaf, and had some of that. I didn't find the need to slice my own bread quite so barbaric as expected. Anyhow, once bread had met ham, cheese and pickle, that was that. I also took a swig from some orange juice (no bits means easier washing up) and it was then back to my laptop to take the His Soc posters up to campus for printing.

No comments: