Sunday 31 May 2009

My Day - Part One

Today, it was hot. Incredibly hot. So, there was only one thing to do in heat like that – play in the History Society’s 11-a-side end of season game. I lined up at right-back, and it was a pretty fun game. We managed to win 3-1 in the end, and that score-line does not do our domination justice.

Best moment of the match came at a corner for the enemy. I was standing on the near post, and as the cross came in, it was one of their guys who jumped up and got a header in. And it was I who was on the post. Keeping my arms out of the way, I jumped in, putty myself ‘tween ball and goal, and stopping it on the line. Yaaay! Go me!

Course, no one managed to play the full 90mins as it was so hot. The second half was slightly quieter, as everyone was tiring in the incredible heat. But, still, it was great fun to play in a full sized 11-a-side match.

No comments: